Thursday, October 4, 2007

I've Upped My Standards, So Up Yours!

I upped my miles last night. It seems like I have been doing 1.8 mile courses for a long time, but looking at my logs I've only ran them 7 times. I guess I just wanted a more even number, so I ran the extra .2 miles that I normally skip. It went fine as usual, and I finished in 34:16 with no walk breaks.
Using these old USGS satellite photos you can't actually see my house or a couple of my neighbor's houses as they weren't built yet. I begin and end at the same point, the old route didn't have a portion where I went east (right).
This blog has been included in the Top 100 Health and Wellness Blogs for NOEDb: Nursing Online Education Database. The numbers for rankings are categorized more than ranked. This blog is at #52. Of note, number's 28, 53, & 55 are all blogs that I read and enjoy daily. There are lots of other interesting blogs there. Unfortunately three of the most inspirational blogs that I've come across aren't on the list. I sent an email to the list makers to let them know of their oversight. So if you are new to weight loss blogs and looking for some inspiration and advice, don't miss these three:
http://formerlyfatrunningguy.blogspot.com/
http://obrats.blogspot.com/
http://patsrunning.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Pokey said...

I agree with you 100% - they omitted some of the best blogs out there!

Just so you know, I "UPPED" mine last night too. ;)

Nice job!

Jeff said...

Hey, you're famous! Congrats and thanks for the props.

Pat said...

thanks for the mention. have you downloaded google earth? It is the ultimate in sat pics. It's free, just google, google earth. I can see my suv in my drive way. this is the software that everyone uses for their aerial pics.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Nice job upping your mileage. You will be at a 5K before you know it.

Nice job making the list and thank you for the mention.

Pat said...

Hey, you still get to add a lady to your biggest loser team. need to do it before tomorrow nights show.

hope you had a great weekend, I sure did.