Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Blog Dump + Weigh In

Friday
I was supposed to do a weight workout tonight, but that didn't happen. I could post a few different excuses, but it just didn't happen so the excuses don't really matter. I did however buy a digital scale, I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. I really disliked our old scale as it was always inaccurate. I'm not even sure if it was supposed to give an accurate weight to a person my size as it is a dial scale and I made it go around twice. At least the new one will be accurate as long as I am under 350 lbs.

Saturday
I broke my mile PR today, 16:40, I had the treadmill set at 3.6 mph. It's not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but it's good for me. My feet hurt during the run, but I attribute that to the 5 minutes of walking I did at the start. I thought a longer warm-up might be helpful but at this point not much good comes from walking before I run on the treadmill unless I am drop dead tired. I finished out my 30 minutes with just walking to keep it light so I wouldn't be too spent for tomorrows long day.

Sunday
I was a little disappointed in my initial endurance today. I was not able to keep my initial run segment going for longer than 11 minutes which is much lower than the last few days. I didn't slip into the 90 seconds walk 90 seconds run though until about 27:00 so that helped me run for 29:00 out of 42:00 total. My right foot fell asleep at about the 18:00 mark and I wasn't sure if I could continue, somehow I pushed through it and around the 33:00 mark it woke up. I've read on the Runner's World Beginner Forum about other people that have this happen and it goes away like this, so it may just be a feature of my long runs until my body gets used to them. Felt good when I was done, having covered 2.256 miles. It'll be distance PR Sunday for the next few in row as I continue add time each week until I get up to an hour.

Monday Morning
I weighed in this morning with 333.8 lbs bringing my total weight loss to 33.2 lbs. I figure I might as well post a weigh-in once a week now that I have a reliable scale.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Way to go on the increased endurance and the big weight loss. Almost down 10%. How does it feel?

Pokey said...

Way to go on the weight loss! That is FANTASTIC!

And congrats on your PR! The one thing I learned in running it to treat every accomplishment like it is an Olympic victory....cause it is YOUR olympic victory! So you should be proud!

Moving is moving...no matter how fast or how far! Keep it up! :)

Emil Von Runner said...

At this point it all feels good. I'm doing my best not to compare myself to anyone but me. When I do that I can see the improvement and feel the encouragement coming from within. The running is a slow yet rewarding process that feels so ingrained in my daily life at this point I can't imagine it not being there.